Our festival director, Sapphira, was able to give a talk about the history of the Ibiza Burlesque Festival dating back to the year 2000 when she first heard the Cafe Del Mar music compilations as a youngster in Melbourne, Australia. It was a chance to explain how important Ibiza and the music from the Island has been in her life and how this formed the chapter, Ibiza, in her book, Burlesque or Bust.
She spoke alongside other industry figureheads including:
– Burlesque Hall of Fame, Programme Director – Buttercup
– Burlesque At Home – Paul Alexsander, Patricia Kittens & Irving
– Mexico Burlesque Festival – Ondina Cabaret
– Montreal Burlesque Festival – Scarlett James
– Salvaje International Festival de Burlesque Argentina – Yani Gionvanetti
– Barcelona Burlesque Festival and Meeting – Jordi Gonzo
Thank you for this opportunity, Elisa and Hazel. We look forward to future collaborations with all these amazing festivals and it was encouraging to hear about everyone’s hard work, successes and challenges. It has been a silver-lining that lockdown has brought many people to unite via the internet in our scene of burlesque. We feel we can unite and help each other, too.